Who was Akbar Bugti, the traitor of Pakistan or the leader of the Balochs? Know the complete facts

Three chiefs have a legendary status in the history of Balochistan. A Mir Chakar Azam Rind who for the first time united the Baloch in the form of a nation and a state.
He helped in overthrowing the empire left by Sher Shah Suri in Delhi and bringing the Mughal emperor Humayun to the throne. In his last years, he settled with seven families in Satgara area of ​​Okara. Today his shrine is also there.

The Baloch consider him their greatest historical leader. He is followed by Nowruz Khan, another Baloch chief. In the time of General Ayub Khan, he got angry with the federation and climbed the mountains and declared rebellion. In 1960, he was negotiated on behalf of the state by his nephew Sardar Doda Khan. During the talks, they laid their hands on the Holy Qur’an and were assured that the government had accepted all their demands, so they surrendered.

But when he surrendered after the agreement on the Qur’an, his brother and sons were abused. He was tortured and hanged. Elderly Sardar Nowruz Khan remained locked up in a jail cell till his last breath at the age of 90. This malpractice and breach of promise angered the Baloch nationalists. The third legendary leader in Baloch history is Nawab Akbar Bugti. They were full of contradictory things at the same time. He was a fan of modern English literature and Western philosophy, but also a strong supporter of running the tribe on coals to prove the truth. He justified killing in the name of honor, and at the same time said that God must be a loving being who does not punish His servants.

I don’t know how history remembers him when a tragedy happened near Dera Bugti. This tragedy gave history a chance to remember Nawab Akbar Bugti in a different light. What was that incident?
Why did General Pervez Musharraf go after Akbar Bugti’s life? How was he killed?

And what was the impact on the federation of Pakistan? I am Faisal Warraich and in this episode of Listen to Janu’s series History of Pakistan we will show you all this
January 3, 2005 was a cold night. Dr. Shazia Khalid from Sindh was sleeping alone in her room. She was a doctor at Sui Hospital, PPL, Pakistan Petroleum Limited. At two in the morning, the door to his room opened and a masked man entered. He tied up Dr. Shazia at gunpoint and raped her several times. The masked man tied up Dr. Shazia with a telephone wire and fled. Dr. Shazia was badly injured, but when she got out of the telephone line several hours later, life was even more bitter. He was not allowed to see anyone for two days. She was not even allowed to contact her husband and family. Sui Field Hospital Chief Medical Officer Dr. Usman and security personnel forced Dr. Shazia to sign a statement.

That there has been an incident of robbery with them and they do not want to file any report. He was then transferred to Karachi before giving a statement to the police. Strict security was put in place outside their gates in Karachi. She was not allowed to see anyone and she could not talk to anyone. All evidence was removed from his room and he was forced to leave the country. In a later interview with the BBC, he said that an MI major had met him and told him not to get involved with the police. “We know who your culprits are,” he said.

Just leave Pakistan because your life is in danger. According to Dr. Shazia, a few days later
ARY anchor Dr Shahid Masood came to meet him along with his colleague Mohsin Baig. “We will help you, both of you, Dr Shazia and her husband, are in danger,” he said. After that, somehow Dr. Shahid Masood took his passport from him, applied for a visa in two days and sent the passport back to him. The tragedy happened in January and in mid-March Dr. Shazia had gone to London. From there, she later moved to Canada, and the case has not been resolved to date. But in those three months, the Sui tragedy raised emotions everywhere. Captain Hammad, an army employee, was accused of assaulting and abusing Dr Shazia. Although this allegation was never made by Dr. Shazia herself. She had said in her first BBC interview that she could not identify the abuser because the room was dark and she was blindfolded. But she kept claiming to recognize his voice. During and after three months, the case did not reach any conclusion in the court and even in the identification parade, those who were presented before Dr. Shazia could not find any of them guilty. That was the reason why Sui, which was the area of ​​Dera Bugti, where Nawab Akbar Gutti was the chief, was now active. Because the incident took place in his area, he and the Baloch nationalists considered it an abuse of their guest doctor and a major attack on their honor. Therefore, Akbar Bugti and Murree tribes, who were not happy with the attitude of the federation before, got sick after this tragedy.
Akbar Bugti demanded from the government that Captain Hammad and other alleged accused should come to the jirga according to the Qublai tradition and walk on coals to show that they are innocent, then this matter will be resolved. And angry and armed men entered Sui Field